Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I knew this one was different

After my 2nd miscarriage I had 3 more. These 3 were a little different because I didnt even make it far enough to even have a Dr.'s appointment. All 3 were conceived on Clomid. I decided to try Clomid again, after all it is the only thing that has worked for me... I tried it for 3 more months and in April 2007, during the last week of that cycle, I started taking Fertilaid. Preggo! I felt different with this one... I started feeling sick immediately, but to me it was amazing. I hadnt had morning sickness with any of my other pregnancies so I knew this one was different. I called up my Dr.'s office and they immediately had me come in for a pregnancy test... just a test... but at least they would know for sure that I was pregnant. The result came back just fine. I was in heaven (pretty sick, but still... heaven). I celebrated my 24th birthday, everything was great - I was pregnant, my husband and I were really happy... life couldn't be better! On May 10, 2007 I woke up to go to work and I immediately had lower abdomen EXTREME pain. I lay in bed on my back and I remember clutching the sheets as hard as I could. My husband was in the shower. I lay there thinking "this is all in my head, this is all in my head, i'm just a paranoid freak." The pain kept getting stronger and stronger. I kept moving around trying to find a position that I could get away from the pain. I got up on my knees. The pain was so bad I started bawling. When "T" got out of the shower he could here me crying. He came in the bedroom and I told him what it felt like. He told me that I needed to go to the E.R. I told him it would probably go away, and that I just needed to settle down. As he got dressed, I tried standing up... NOTHING could make the pain stop, and it was just getting worse! I finally agreed that I needed to go to the E.R. "T" helped me put on some of his sweats, and he drove me to the E.R.

As soon as I got there, they asked me what the problem was. I explained that I have horrible pain in my right lower side, and I think it is a tubal. They made me lay in a bed for about an hour and a half with that pain. They said I needed to fill my bladder for an Ultrasound. So I laid there, chugging as much water as I could stand. When I finally had my bladder full, they took me in. The Ultrasound guy asked me what the problem was. I told him that I had a tubal, of course he didnt believe me. After all, why believe someone who's been through as many pregnancies (that ended badly) as me??? He couldnt see anything, so I then had to empty my bladder for a vaginal ultrasound. When he started that test, he had the sound on. He pointed it at my right tube. I was watching his reaction on his face. He had the sound on too, so when he pointed it at my right tube, you should have seen his reaction. He saw my baby in my tube, and you could hear a little something too. He quickly turned off the sound and immediately called his boss. His boss came in, and they sat there trying to figure out what to do, and how to tell me. I lay there in the bed looking up at My Husbands face, and the faces of the 2 technicians. They were all the same, and I'm no dumby... I knew what it was. They took me out of that room, and started getting me ready for a scope. They were going to cut me open, kill my baby, and remove it from me. Of course that was the only option... I was just lucky that my tube hadnt actually burst. I'm in tune with my body enough to know when something is wrong. But I keep thinking about it... They went in and killed my baby, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. This baby is the healthiest one I have ever carried and yet they have to kill it to save my life??? They put me under and the next thing I knew I was starting to wake up. They were able to save my tube, but they broke my heart.

No comments: