Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Beginning - a Christmas Wish

I'd like to first start off telling you about my story. I married the love of my life (we'll call him "T") in 2001. We both wanted kids right away, so we've never done anything to prevent getting pregnant. A couple of months went by, and it occured to me that nothing had happened yet. I let a few more months go by, and after a year I started seeing a new Dr. I heard that he had helped some women with their struggles, so I thought he would be a good Dr. to see. When I started seeing him he put me through a couple of tests, and after a few weeks of tests he decided he didnt want to help me. He was an older Dr. and didnt have the energy to try and figure out why we weren't getting pregnant.

I started looking for another Dr., I looked through the phone book, called around, everything I could think of. Finally, one of my old co-workers told me that her mom worked for a Dr. who helped a lot of women with their infertility. I decided to give him a try. I made my appointment, talked to him and he was interested in my case. Here, I was a 19 year old who couldnt get pregnant. In his eyes it would be easy, and I believed him. During this time, we were also building our first home. We knew we needed something to build our family in. We moved in to our new little starter home in October of 2003. All this time we had been trying naturally when finally my Dr. decided to put my on Clomid. I was nervous about trying this because I heard bad things about it. Well, it worked for us, I found out December 19, 2004 that we were pregnant - our baby was due on August 27, 2005!!! My husband and I were ecstatic! We could even tell the family for Christmas that there was a little girl or boy on the way. We bought some bibs and baby bottles and placed them in two seperate Christmas bags; one labeled for my mom and one for my dad. I told everyone at work because I couldn't keep it a secret. There was another co-worker who was a couple of months along, so I could talk to her about everything. She was excited that I was pregnant because she knew how long I had been trying.

On Christmas morning, we all wake up early and go to mom and dad's house... we're all a bunch of kids who cant wait to see what we got! We got all the presents situated, "T" and I had to two bags hidden under our chairs so that no one could see what was in them. We wanted those two presents to be the last ones opened that morning. Well, by the time everyone sat down we couldnt wait anymore. I stood up with the two bags and asked everyone if I could give the first gifts to mom and dad. No one objected, so I handed them their bags. I told them they had to open them at the same time, so they both reached into their bags and pulled out the gifts. They looked at the gifts and looked up at my hubby and I with confused faces. Both of us had huge grins on our faces and said "You guys are going to my grandparents." Now, I should clarify... they already had 3 grandsons, so it wouldnt have been their first, but it would have been my first.

Everyone teared up. All of my brothers and sisters were there, my nephews, my grandma, and my parents were all there giving us hugs with tear filled eyes. When "T" and I hugged my parents, we said "Merry Christmas." It was a great Christmas, everyone had grins on their faces because there was so much joy in everyone's hearts. For New Years, "T" and I bought a crib. Its a cute little white crib that we bought a K-Mart. Nothing fancy, but it is oh-so-cute. We bought the sheet set and matching mobile to go with it. It was so much fun setting up in our babies room.

No comments: